Thursday, July 08, 2010

Goodbye My Friend, Reve

I am still reeling from the shock of her sudden passing. Reve Moine was a dedicated Selangor Sociey for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) volunteer, staunch animal activist and a friend.

I knew Reve through a mutual friend, Marianne who is also a volunteer at SPCA. I was fortunate enough to have a rare chance to travel with Reve to Noah's Ark (NANAS), an animal sanctuary in Johor. It is a beautiful place. She showed me compassion and lots of love to all the animal there. She loved them unconditionally. You could see it from her actions.

I dug out all the archived video clips and photos I took from NANAS and made this special tribute to a special friend. I hope you remember her this way too. Selfless, passionate and kind.

M. Gandhi used to say, "The measure of a society can be how well its people treat its animals." And I am sure if we had more caring "Reves" in our society, our world would be a better place.

Here's a quote that I picked from one of Reve's Facebook status update.

""oh i wish........ peace in everybody s heart!!!!!!!!! life is so beautiful to be lived!!!!!!!! don't forget for sure to share and to give to needed around you!" - Reve Moine (1954-2010)

Goodbye, My friend.

Rest in Peace.

NOTE: The funeral service will take place at St John Church, KL on the 12th July 2010 at 10am.

5 comments:

LKK said...

RIP

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences to family and friends of this very special lady who was full of life and loved with all her heart, whose passion and compassion for the welfare of animals moved and inspired us.

She will be truly missed by all who know her, even for a brief moment as she has indeed touched the hearts of many.

May the good Lord bless her and keep her in His grace.
RIP, Reve.

Amen.


=..= Kitty Meow

dannie chOOng said...

thanks PT for this. i meet Ms.Moine briefy once and can concur that she is so "heart" for the animals. it really grief me to hear about her departure. RIP - A Mother Theresa To The Animals..

Anonymous said...

great video. could i know the name of the song in the video please?

RunWitMe said...

Song by a popular Filipino crooner Gary Valenciano - Goodbye My Friend.