Monday, June 14, 2010

Ratu Rock Ella di Istana Budaya

What? Festival Muzik KL 2010 - Konsert Ella Bersama Orkestra Simfoni Kebangsaan

Where? Panggung Sari, Istana Budaya

When? 1 and 2 July 2010

Who? Malaysian Rock Queen - Ella backed by National Symphony Orchestra, which is one of the biggest orchestras in the country.

Yes. This is my official entry for the below Facebook contest. I hope I could win a chance of a lifetime to win myself a pair of VIP tickets, limited edition Ella merchandise and exclusive photography session with the Queen herself after the concert.

It's so easy to go to the Net and grab her thousands of published pics but I decided not to. I wanted to make this blog post a little bit more special. So, I dug deep into my photo archive and present to you some exclusive photos of her taken by me. Some of the photos have not been published before. Just for ELLA! :D

Who in Malaysia doesn't know Ella?

For this contest, we are supposed to write about how Ella inspires us and why we want to go to her concert at Istana Budaya. So, I am gonna start on the first question.

For starter Ella has been the undisputed Queen of Rock in Malaysia since I do not know when...LOL! I have been listening to her music since I was a school boy!

No other rock singers out there can come close. Her voice is unique and instantly recognizable on radio.

From chart- topping hits, multi platinum albums, sold out concerts, tonnes of awards and accolades....Ella is no stranger to success and she always strives to the best.

In 1998, Ella was chosen to sing the song Standing In The Eyes Of The World, the theme song of the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Malaysia. It is one of my favourite songs of hers. It's so inspiring and meaningful.

I could go on and on about her success....but I don't want to sound like I am trying to suck up to Ella for this contest. LOL! But if you wanna see the list of her achievement, please click the Wikipedia link HERE.

FYI, Ella was conferred the " Pingat Setia Mahkota Pahang" (S.M.P) on 30 March 2010, putting one more feather on her cap.

Despite her success, Ella remains humble and appreciative of her fans. That's what I like about her. And her fans adore her.

Why I want to go for her concert at Istana Budaya? This is an easy one! :)

It's because she's the best in the business! She IS Malaysia's RATU ROCK, isn't she?

And due to one reason or another, I have not been fortunate enough to go for her concert before. So, here comes my chance to watch her performing her hits at Istana Budaya this July. :D

I would love to hear his like Layar Impian, Sembilu, Dua Insan Bercinta, Standing In The Eyes of The World, Demi, Permata Pemotong Permata, and Gemilang, among others LIVE on concert.

I have seen her performace in smaller venues but I think her lively and superb performance deserved to be appreciated on a huge stage like Panggung Sari in Istana Budaya, no less.

Caya-lah....

I hope I have the chance of winning this contest and get to see Ella in action in Istana Budaya.

If I don't win, let this blog post be my tribute to a living legend, ELLA - Malaysia's Queen of Rock.

PEACE!

Finally, while waiting for the concert day...I present to you two videos of Ella's mystifying performances captured by ME. :)

Two of her biggest hits in her career; spanning more than two decades. You can practise your sing along with Ella with these videos. :)

The first one is Rama-rama recorded live at Konsert Gambus.

...and Layar Impian, live from Goodwheels Charity event.

ENJOY!

Note: I heard Datuk Ahmad Jais, Awie & Joe Wing and Lord (Ella & The Boys) will also duet with Ella in the Istana Budaya show.

For more info about the concert and ticketing details, please click HERE. Tickets are on sale NOW!

No comments: