Monday, May 17, 2010

Who Will Win the World Cup?

Hahah! I think I would be the worst person to ask this question. I don't really follow the football shiz. I am into running but not into watching people running after a ball.

But I do like to listen to the theme songs. So, I am going to get creative and write about the songs from the World Cup instead.

I think the winner is going to be the music fans too because we get fantastic world class international artiste to contribute sing-along songs each time we have the World Cup.

1998

The official song for the event was La Copa de la Vida by hip-shaking Ricky Martin, and the official anthem was La Cour des Grands by Youssou N'Dour and Axelle Red.

The song by Ricky Martin is one of the best World Cup song! It hit the #1 spot around the world! I think almost everybody know how to sing it. Do you? Ale! Ale! Ale!

2002 In 2002 we get the lesser known "Boom" by Anastacia while the "Official Anthem of the 2002 FIFA World Cup" - Vangelis. I am a fan of Anastasia but I don't really quite like the song! So, not much to wite about there.

2006

"The Time of Our Lives" - Il Divo and Toni Braxton was the highlight of 2006 World Cup. "Hips Don't Lie" (Bamboo) (2006 Fifa World Cup Mix) - Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean as well. It was a smash hit for Shakira who got the world hip-shaking again like we did in 1998 with Ricky Martin! Nobody shakes those hips like those South Americans. LOL!

2010 In 2010, Shakira is also back again (by popular demand I think) in contributing a song for the World Cup FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 called Waka Waka!

Shakira will perform on this songs with popular South African band Freshlygroun. So who will win the World Cup in 2010? Who cares which country will win the World Cup when we already got the song to celebrate the winners already? LOL!

So, let the ball rolls and the beats go on! Waka! Waka!

Check out this World Cup Promo - http://projectalpha.com.my/promo

Please also check out Project Alpha below!

Episode 26

Episode 27

Episode 28

Project Alpha is presented by Adidas Action 3 and supported by P1 and MAS.

No comments: