Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Kris Allen - Live in Kuala Lumpur (Autograph Session)

What? Kris Allen Live in Malaysia (Autograph Session).

Where? Midvalley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur

When? 8 Feb 2010 (Monday)

Who? Kris Allen, American Idol Season 8.

I was quite miffed when I couldn't get myself some passes to see Kris Allen's first ever performance here in Malaysia. It was by invitation only - tickets can be won via contests and redemption. Purchases above RM2,000 in Midvalley entitled shoppers for 2 tickets. Crazy eh?

Anyway, I decided to go for the only public event - the autograph session at Midvalley Megamall! The session was supposed to start at 6pm. There were tonnes of people already queuing up when I arrived at 3pm.

Kris Allen Rocks? To me he serenades, rather than rock. :)

His songs are quite mellow and sweet.

I picked a spot next the media enclosure on level one and waited.

Kris actually arrived early at around 5:50pm. (Insert screaming female species here!)

Contest winner who gets to meet and greet Kris Allen in person.

Only 200 lucky early fans with Kris Allen debut CD were eligible for autographs.

Kris was a security nightmare. Each girl that passed by tried to steal a hug.

Few managed to hug the handsome American Idol. After that security was tightened.

This was Kris' reaction when told not to hug the fan. Awwwww......

Hello! Nice to meet you!

I ran out of idea how to caption these pics! LOL! I think I just put "Hi!" as the caption.

A fan trying to pose for photograph with Kris. She was quickly stopped by the security. Not sure if she got the shot.

Hi!

Hi!

Hi! American Idol.

After signing 200 copies of his CD, it's time for coffee break. I know most of you girls would love to be the coffee cup! LOL!

....and the caffiene kicks in!

Number 1?

Bye Bye Malaysia.....Kris promised that he would be back.

Here's the video that you have been waiting for.

Notice how warm the reception by the Malaysian fans and watch Kris sings a few line from his hit single - Live Like We're Dying.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pix. Not all Kris's songs are sweet, though -- he can rock. too!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Love your photos, i see me ! The girl in blue thats hugging him . (:
Mind email me a larger size photo ?
Thank youuuuu . complerra_ezyra@hotmail.com