Monday, April 13, 2009

David Archuleta - Live In Malaysia

What? David Archuleta - Live in Malaysia

Where? Sunway Lagoon Amphitheater

When? April 12, 2009 (Satuday)

It was my first time watching an American Idol contestant in flesh. Chris Daughtry was in Malaysia last year but we have to buy a friggin' phone just to get entry to the show. So, I didn't get to rock with Daughtry. I missed Elliot Yamin show too in "Live and Loud".

I got an entry pass to the Archuleta showcase by purchasing his eponymous debut CD. Not too bad. It was still far more affordable than buying a phone!

David Archuleta is simply cute, a little bashful but he loves to jump! Hop he went around the stage! Hop! Hop! Hop! :)

He opened his show with "A Little Too Not Over You", followed by "Touch My Hand", "Don't Let Go" and "Crush".

Anyway, I didn't get many good pictures of him as I was standing like miles away from the stage. Moreover, I was blocked by a huge mist spraying fan. It was the best spot I could find as the theater was already packed to the brim when I arrived around 1pm.

The show was scheduled to start at 3pm. There were people who came at 8am!

The smile that melts thousands of Malaysian girls! :)

David Archuleta came back after Crush to perform stripped down versions of A Thousand Miles (originally by Vanessa Carlton) and Angel (originally by Robbie Williams). Just him and the piano. Brilliant!

I was struggling with the white balance setting of my camera. How come David Archuleta looked so YELLOW! Stupid yellow spotlight! (Insert curses to the light technician ala Christian Bale! LOL!)

Then it dawned upon me.....

Damn! They turned David Archuleta into these Yellow Coverage Fellows! LOL! Well, it was a DiGi event after all.....

He will follow you....(You wish! LOL!)

Finally a video presentation from the show. Check out the "warm-up" sing along before the show, a cute little girl singing "Crush" and a full length David's cover of Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles.

No comments: