Monday, March 16, 2009

Larian Amal Seri Sinar 2009

What? Larian Amal Seri Sinar 2009

Where? Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur

When? 15 March 2009 (7:00am)

Who? Organised by Pertubuhan Amal Seri Sinar/ Taman Bt. Jalil Running Club

How Long? 10km

I didn't register for this run. I planned to come for this run to take some photographs of my friends. However, thanks to G, I get to run for free! :)

The route took us the the most hilly places in Bukit Jalil especially that rollercoaster-like Bukit Jalil highway. We had to run it twice!!!

My legs almost turned to jelly by the time I hit 5K. But thank God, I had loaded my MP3 player with expletive laden KoRn Greatest Hits Vol.1 earlier. So, I was head banging all the way as I pushed my wobbly knees to the finish! I think my ear bled in the process too. LOL!

The run was pretty well organised by the Taman Bukit Jalil Running Club. (Insert applause here). Traffic control was excellent, water adequate and the water melons were sweet!

The Goodies Bag. A nice non-woven Giant shopping bag, a bottle of Giant mineral water, Sloan's analgesic cream, Proviton capsules, Hi5 cream roll and a 40% discount voucher for Brooks shoes.

The Finisher Medal.

Here's a YouTube presentation of the run. I would like to dedicated it to G. This is what you have missed. :P

There was no air horn or gun at the start. Just a very LOUD voice counting down. :)

Overheard at the start point. Listen carefully when watching the video clip.

Female voice: Beep! Beep! Beep! (Simulating the beeping sound of timechip when runners step on the mat)

Male voice: Beep lei ke sei yan tou! (Literally translated from Cantonese - "Beep your head!")

Hahaha!

Soundtrack: Twisted Transistor - KoRn.

No comments: