Friday, November 02, 2007

The torch can't run alone....

...But I hope it will be running-wit-me!

Yay! I have a great news to announce. I just got a call from the organiser two days ago about this.

Guess what? Yours truly was shortlisted to be running with an Olympic torch in my hand this April 21 2008! I might one of the selected 18 participants to be in the Samsung team in the Olympic Torch Relay in Malaysia; pending approval from International Olympic Committee and 2008 Beijing Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (BOCOG)!

No, I won't be going to Beijing for this. The relay will be held at a yet to be disclosed route in Malaysia. Internationally the Olympic Torch Relay will travel through 23 cities in 20 nations and 113 cities in China before making it to Beijing, where the Olympic Games will be held in 2008. Click here to see the Torch Relay Route

The Olympics are all about uniting the people in world through sport. I'm really thrilled to have a chance (fingers crossed)to be nominated for this important Olympic tradition! If this happens, it will be the greatest running moment in my whole life!

I could imagine it already, running slow-mo with the Olympic Torch in one hand and my camera on the other. I really hope to share the Torch Relay experience with you. (Insert "Chariot of Fire" theme here. LOL).

Wish me luck!

More info: The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Torch Relay

No comments: