Monday, May 14, 2007

An Afternoon At Rumah Solehah

What? Visit to Rumah Solehah

When? Saturday, 12 May 2007

Where? Cheras, Kuala Lumpur

Rumah Solehah is a shelter for women and children with HIV, under the auspices of the Ministry of Health and the Islamic Medical Association of Malaysia (affiliated with the Malaysian AIDS Council). It's located in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.

We were there to celebrate Siti’s 5th Birthday. She was rescued after being abandoned at birth by her parents. She is HIV+.

Those kids are just like other kids. Cute. Spontaneous. Balls of energy. Cute, did I mention cute already? Perhaps they are too young to understand what is AIDS or HIV.

As soon as I sat down with them, they came clamouring around me asking me to take their pictures. I obliged and started clicking away. It was a joy to watch them posing playfully.

I am indeed grateful to the kids for welcoming us into their home, accepting us with open arms. . I pray that they will always be happy and able to make the most out of their young lives. My heart bleeds.

p/s: Some pictures are in Sepia mode. I unintentionally messed up my camera setting.

No comments: