Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Run That Made You Go Hmmm……….

What? Melaka Run 2006 (Ketua Menteri Melaka Trophy)

When? 27 May 2006. 7:00am.

Where? Pantai Puteri, Melaka.

Who? Organized by Power Advertising & Entertainment and Kelab Veteran Komando Malaysia.

How long? 10.8 km

(The Day Before) It was raining very heavily. Thanks to Jennifer, I got a ride to the LRT station after work. Alighted at Masjid Jamek LRT station and walked all the way to Pudu. The rain was still pouring. When it rains, it pours. The bus was 1 hour late. The jam along the Seremban highway was too horrific to mention. I arrived in Melaka about 11:00pm, after a total 2 hours of delay. I put up a night at Amy’s brother’s apartment in Tengkera.

Woke up at 5:00am. Had a durian bun and a cup of Milo. Amy’s brother arrived sharp at 6:00am to pick us up – Amy, CL, Tan and I. After a 20 minutes drive later, we arrived at Pantai Puteri. They sky was still dark. We picked up our number bibs. T-shirt? No t-shirt was given to the participant. Instead, we were handed a stack of 30% off Pizza Hut vouchers (valid only at Mahkota Parade, Melaka). (Insert Hmmm……….here).

At the starting point, I saw a lot of army cadets (shaven head, brown top and dark track pants) hanging a round. I walked around looking for toilet. I found one but it was locked (Insert Hmmm……….here). It opens only at 7:00am. Alamak! My bladder! Back to nature, I supposed. No other choice. I found a secluded area at the beach, whipped out my pistol and fire away. Heheh!

No comments: