Monday, February 13, 2006

Nike Vapor Flight Earphones Review

What? To “test drive” my new Nike Earphones

Where? KL International Marathon Circuit Run3, Lake Garden, Kuala Lumpur

When? 11 February 2006

One of the good advises I received is never attempt to do new things prior or during the marathon. Never eat new type of food before or during the run. Never wear new shoes or clothes unless you want to invite Mr. Blister or Miss Chafing over. Never go for deep tissue massage a day before the marathon. Everything has to be tried and tested so that it will not cause problem on the big day. So, last Circuit run, I decided to "test drive" my newly bought Nike Vapor Flight Earphones. I don't have much problem with the earphones that were provided with my Sony Network Walkman.

However, occasionally, I have to readjust or to push back the earphone into my ear especially during a long run and when I get all sweaty. I used to have the same problem with my iPod earphones before it went missing.

Innovation for Athletes

When I saw this Nike Vapor Flight earphones on the shelf at Best Denki Lot 10, I immediately fell in love with it. It is 3-way adjustable (= comfort), sweat resistant (=no worry about short-circuit) and looks cool too.

1 way 2 way 3 way

The sound? Fantastic! Maddie’s "Hung Up" pulsating beats sounds groovalicious while Kelly Clarkson’s “Since You Been Gone” guitars sounded crisp and crunchy. No doubt, Mariah's "We Belong Together" sounded ever fabulous. (Heheh! I’m a bit biased when it comes to Mariah, she would sound fabulous no matter what I play her songs with). I love Jay Chow’s “Huo Yuan Chia” (from Jet Lee’s Fearless Soundtrack) sounded, especially the drum at the intro. Felt like I was running effortlessly or flying on top of roof like the kung fu master..heheh…Fearless. Excellent hybrid between Chinese traditional flute and electric guitar.

The Nike earphones are lightweight. They fit snugly like they were super-glued to my ears. No matter how I tried to shake them off, they stayed in place even after three hours of running. I think I have found my perfect running pair of earphones. I will sure to take them with me for KL International Marathon this March. Running with Music. Running with Passion.

No comments: