Saturday, January 07, 2006

Running in the Rain is Sexy

Toes-curling Experience? Posted by Picasa

Rain is what the thunder brings For the first time I can hear my heart sing Call me a fool but I know I'm not I'm gonna stand out here on the mountain top Till I feel your... Rain, I feel it, it's coming Your love's coming down like... Rain - Madonna

It was a nice morning to snuggle up in bed. Outside there was a slight drizzle. Cool weather for some extra ZZZ. But what was I doing up at 6:30 am with my running gear in the rain? I would have stayed in if not for the Second Circuit Run for the KL International Marathon at Lake Garden. Amy and I were not alone. When we got to the registration tents, there were already a bunch of runners busy signing up and warming up for the events. The turn up surpassed the amount of people who turn up for the first circuit run. The rain kept on falling.

We were set off at 7:30am despite the rain. The sky was grey and showed no sign of clearing up. I ditched my camera. I ditched my mp3 player. I ditched my water bottle. It was just me against the rain. Two hours solid.

Tap! Tap! Tap! I felt the rain pelting down as I ran along the familiar track at. No monkey was seen. I supposed they warmly snuggled up in their beds.

It was kind of sexy running in the rain. Everything was wet. Everything was slippery. My dri-fit t-shirt shouldn’t be called dri-fit anymore – it was drenched to the last synthetic fibre strand. It clung to the body like a second skin. My nipples were cold and hence, hard.

My lips were moist. I could felt the rain gently dropped on my lips. My face. My arms. My chest. My legs. It was like I was kissed by rain all over my body. Thousand and thousand of kisses. I opened my mouth and slip out my tongue and taste the rain. Pure and fresh! Forget about the world. It was just the rain and I.

Occasionally, the soft wind would caress my body. Cooling but not chilling, providing a relief to my tired soul. Drip! Drip! Drip! Sweat was oozing out from my pores and mixed with the rainwater. The feeling was sensationally fresh. I was panting as my feet were relentlessly pounding on the pavement. Sexy? (Insert moan here! Hahahah!)

The two hours session in rain had provided me a new running experience. I hope I don’t get a chill from it. Each of the runners was presented with a limited edition KLIM 2006 souvenir pin and everybody went home with wet head and wrinkled feet (see above picture).

No comments: