Monday, November 07, 2005

RUNNING WITH INSPIRATIONS

Sawas-McDee Krub! Posted by Picasa What a weekend! What a run! My first running trip to Bangkok was wonderful. The spicy food. The Thai massages. The shopping. And of course, the runs…. The two running events I have participated had humbled me and at the same time inspired me deeply. In Standard Chartered Run, I get to see and believe that being blind cannot stop one from running. Henry Wanyoike, a blind runner had proven that. Not only that he could still run despite his blindness, he emerged a world track champion and Olympic gold medallist. Amazing! Seeing is Believing! Another inspiring person was Terry Fox. I believe Terry’s story has touch many hearts. His struggles with cancer and had never stopped him from running 143 days and over 3,000 miles to raise fund for cancer research. And he did it with one leg. (His right leg amputated above the knee due to cancer). Amazing! Thank you to Henry Wanyoike and Terry Fox for showing what RUNNING WITH PASSION is all about.

No comments: