Thursday, November 03, 2005

11km - A Lost Mummy at the Start Point Posted by Picasa I scurried to the 11km starting point after the 3km crowd dissipated. I waited patiently for the blast off. While waiting, I saw the 3km runners arriving on the other side. My, my, my….these people can sure run…even with blindfold. A saw a couple in Tarzan & Jane costumes. Hmmmm...(Erase naughty thoughts here! Hahah!) Elites runners were requested to be in front of the line. No pushing. No shoving. No shouting. No pesky race officials shouting over the megaphone (a very common scene at the start of any race events in Malaysia.) or annoying fat announcers “nagging”at the runners at every given opportunity. Everything was well written in the brochure and website. The announcement was made politely though the PA system. The Holding Area and Start Point were well marked so everybody did not scramble like headless chicken. I could go on and on praising the organizer hehe. Our local run organizers should do educational trips to learn from the neighbours – Thailand and Singapore.

No comments: