Saturday, September 17, 2005

Top 3 MY Idol finalists @ Oasis Boulevard, Sunway Pyramid

Pussycat trying to be Lion King Posted by Picasa I felt much better after my massage; I hobbled to Sunway Pyramid to catch a glimpse of the top 3 Malaysian Idol Finalist. Somehow I had a feeling that someone was watching me. Who was watching me? Paranoid. The show supposed to start at 3pm but somehow the show was delayed with some mundane singing contest. The show started with a lame rendition of KRU hit - Oh La La by Daniel. The screaming girlies didn’t seem to be bothered by the pitching problem and weak vocals. I cringed in silence. Nita came out after Daniel, looking ever beautiful to sing Love is a Crime from Chicago. I reckon that her favourite singer is Anastacia as this is her second time attempting an Anastacia song. I was a bit disappointed with her sub-standard performance. I guess she just doesn’t have the full-bodied powerful lungs to deliver an Anastacia. Thumbs down for Nita. Farah was next. She did a Malay number. I don’t remember the title but I remember the way she worked flirtatiously into my heart. She got my vote. Haha! I must commend her effort trying to connect to the audience by asking them to sing along. You go, girl! Daniel was back with a Sir Elton John cover – Can You Feel The Love Tonight. Yikes! It was horrible. Wrong choice of song. It sounded like a pussycat trying to be the Lion King (No pun intended). Daniel must go. But that awful performance didn’t stop the screaming little girls to scream for more. Nita did Asmaradana. Another lame song, which didn’t do anything to showcase Nita vocal capability. My view was spoiled immediately when Nita pulled up a chubby dude from the audience to dance with her. He pranced around and gyrated more than Nita ever did in the whole Malaysian Idol series. Hmmmmm… Farah closed the showcase with a powerful but somewhat disarray, All by Myself, a song originally done by Eric Carmen and later covered by power pipes, Celine Dion. She did OK with the verses but when she came to the bridge, she lost it. My friend, BW likened this performance to sex without reaching orgasm - you know you are almost there, but somehow you didn’t get close enough hit the spot. Ugh! Very unfulfilling indeed.

No comments: