Friday, March 04, 2005

Vest, Bib & Chip

Top (L to R): Enter the ballroom; Bib collection in progress; Dismembered Nike models? Middle (L to R): Run, Run, Run; KLIM 2005 Cotton Vest; Leggy bunting. Bottom (L to R): My running pack; My Champion-chip; Dinner @ Hard Rock Café Posted by Hello

I dashed out of office at 5:15pm sharp. Thank God that the rain had stopped. Asked Tan, my colleague to drop Amy and I at Taman Jaya LRT station. We managed to catch the train as soon as we arrived at the platform. Stopped at Dang Wangi Station and big walked to Concorde Hotel. Made it 10 minutes before 6:00pm. There was no grandeur expo like Singapore Marathon Expo. Just some booths from the usual corporate sponsors - Ambank, Nike, Power Bar, Celcom, Coleman etc. Most of the people manning the booth are either packing their stuff to call it a day or chit-chatting away. Glad that we made it before they totally close shop.

Collected everything that need to be collected – white Cougar brand cotton vest (which will end up as my sleepwear), Champion-chip and for the first time – a plastic bib…(unlike the typical turpentine smelling screen-printed cloth bib). Not much hassle. Not many people anyway.

Had dinner at Hard Rock Café with Amy, BW and Selvi (FTAAA part-timer). Scrapped the idea of having salad when I saw a Caribbean Grill Chicken Sandwich is more less at the same price. Yummy! I will run the calories off this Sunday, I whispered to myself.

Took the monorail to Bkt Bintang. Bought an USB charger for my MP3 player and some 3 for RM10 DVDs – Dawn of the Dead (zombies, zombies and more zombies), The Resident Evil 2 (zombies, zombies and zombie ass-kicking Milla Jovovich) and The Shutter (a very good Thai spook fest). Nothing beats resting at home after a marathon later with some good scares. (Insert blood-curdling pontianak-esque scream here).

No comments: