Monday, September 27, 2004

World Tourism VS Terry Fox

Last sunday, I was torn between two runs, feeling like a fool... (sing to the tune of 70's hit by Mary McGregor). It was like Alien VS Predator and not unlike Freddy VS Jason. Both runs were interesting in their own ways. "How now, brown cow?" as Ms. Emma Peel used to ask. Being a true kiasu, I decided to go for both.

I started with World Tourism Run at Dataran Merdeka at sharp 7:30am (after the annoying aerobic session with that uncle). I baby dashed the 7km route in my spanking new Adidas shoes I bought from Isetan Sale, Lot10, a day before. I was not there to buy shoes but I grabbed a pair anyway as it was on 50% discount. Reminded me of my first pair of Adidas. Comfy, airy and plenty of cushioning. Completed the run in 38 min, slow and steadily like an old man (Insert cough here..Uhuk! Uhuk! Uhuk!)

My Terry Fox tee was still dripping wet when I run to Lake Perdana where Terry Fox Run was held. By the time I reached the end point, most of the runners have returned home. I collected my certificate of participation. It was a very nice colourful certificate. Hey..not bad at all, two running certs in a day!!! Wow!

Was wondering where have the Milo van disappeared from the World Tourism Run earlier….I found it parked in the Lake Garden, serving those yummy cool chocolatey heaven to Terry Fox runners.

Terry Fox run has never disappoint me in term of quality of the T-shirt, event management, abundant food...(fresh fruit - apples, banana & oranges, yummy pastries from Regent Hotel, KL and drinks (canned fruit juice, canned Horlick and Eau Claire mineral water).

I stayed for a while at Lake Perdana watching runners went by while munching into my cinnamon roll and egg croissant. It was like a picnic at the park. Loads of Mat Salleh and Minah Salleh around. They must have come in truck loads. Blonde, Blue and Hairy! (I am not talking about the men alone!! women too LOL). And suddenly, I felt like a minority in my own country. Ahaks!

No comments: